Re: A question about update-excuses (was Re: testing is broken)

* Philip Blundell

| Steve M. Robbins wrote:
| >On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:51:23PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
| >
| >> The majority of failures are missing or broken build-depends.
| >
| >If so, why not alleviate the backlog by loading up the buildd
| >machines with a fuller set of -dev packages?
|
| Yeah, that would help in a lot of cases.  But if we're going to do that,
| missing build-depends will never get noticed, and we might as well just throw
| in the towel and make those packages build-essential.

iirc, the sparc buildd checks the atime of all the installed packages
and gives a warning if the atime of a file in a package which isn't in
build-essential is changed.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.