Re: A question about update-excuses (was Re: testing is broken)

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 09:28:27PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> >On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:51:23PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >
> >> The majority of failures are missing or broken build-depends.
> >
> >If so, why not alleviate the backlog by loading up the buildd
> >machines with a fuller set of -dev packages?
>
> Yeah, that would help in a lot of cases.  But if we're going to do that,
> missing build-depends will never get noticed, and we might as well just throw
> in the towel and make those packages build-essential.

Yes, I agree.  Eventually I just gave up on it, though; it drastically
reduces the workload of failure logs.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team