Re: dpkg-scanlibs

On Feb 26, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>     JG> (Although if dpkg-dev ends up in Python, I might just have to
>     JG> learn Python and rewrite devscripts in Python too.  Grrr.)
>
> Ask yourself these questions:
>
>         * Were you ever a hall monitor?
>         * Do you drive 55 in the fast lane?
>         * Do you starch your underwear?
>         * Do you use mild oaths like "fudge" or "dang?"
>         * Do you floss more than once per day?
>
> If you said yes to any of them, you're going to LOVE Python!

And plenty of people who aren't anal retentive seem to enjoy coding in
it too... :)  (I couldn't say yes to any of those.)

Anyway (returning to Julian's comment), why on earth would the
language X is coded in affect the language Y is coded in, if Y only
calls X via the shell?  If your package depends on bits of dpkg-dev
being written in Perl, you have much more serious problems than your
taste in programming languages...

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Doctoral Student, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5949