Re: dpkg-scanlibs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Adam McKenna wrote:

> When I press TAB in vi, it inserts a TAB character.  Not 2 or 4 or 8 spaces.
> If you are using an editor that inserts spaces when you press TAB, then IMHO
> you are using a broken editor.

Every worthwhile editor I have used uses 'TAB' to indent the current line
to the proper level within the syntax of the language, usually using a
combination of spaces and tabs.

IMHO the whole tab argument really only hold water if your indenting is
very simple, or you ignoe vertical alignment. Ie this in C:

   char *List[] = {"Hello",
                   "Mooo",
                   0};

If often how you see people indent lists like that, you simply cannot
reliably preserve that look if tabs stops are variable. There are many
other examples of similar effects.

Jason