Re: Daemontools

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 07:08:47PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > Uh, doesn't the script work _as long as_ the directory is sticky?
>
> After rtfm I'm still confused ... svscan will automagically start the
> log process if the directory is sticky, but it's not clear to me that
> svc will do the same.

svscan will start a supervise process for log if the service directory is
sticky, and create a pipe between the two programs.  That's all.  If you down
the supervise log, you have to manually bring it up again.  That script
someone posted basically assumes that if you have a log directory, then you
want logging (although this may not always be the case)

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>