Re: Daemontools

Hi,

> : No, I think this isn't working, too. If I upgrade proftpd, the init
> : script will be re-created and the next reboot causes TWO proftpd
> : instances to run.
> man dpkg-divert

Sounds interesting. Just to be sure, I understand that thing: Do you mean I
should "divert" /etc/init.d/proftpd and replace this file with an empty file
(If I remove it, upgrades to proftpd failes, because the file is executed
(start/stop)). And if I remove my package I shall simply remove the diversion
and everything is fine? If this is working and everybody is happy with it, I
will do it in that way.

--
Bye