Re: Daemontools

On 30-Jan-01, 07:54 (CST), Klaus Reimer <kay@debian.org> wrote:

> Sounds interesting. Just to be sure, I understand that thing: Do you mean I
> should "divert" /etc/init.d/proftpd and replace this file with an empty file

No No No!

You should divert the original init.d file and replace with the
*daemontools version*. Don't touch the rc.d links at all. This way,
the daemontools version gets run in exactly the same run levels the
original did. When you remove your packages, restore the original file
by removing the diversion.

STeve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read