Re: upload rejected: changes file doesn't say <package> for Source

    >> Maybe it should. File a wishlist bug against lintian?

    Werner> Since I don't know whether it should I can't file a bug
    Werner> report. BTW: The behaviour of all the mentioned deb helper
    Werner> progs was similar for a second program named `html2wml'. I
    Werner> didn't mention that, because I didn't want to make it to
    Werner> complicated. This is still maybe my fault, but I don't
    Werner> know where to find a solution. If you want to help please
    Werner> look at the reject messages, too. What is the actual
    Werner> reason for them?

Lintian should be able to check for anything that is easy to check and
is a error in the package. This is regardless of what caused this
error to occur.

For your case:

1. It should be easy for Lintian to check if the file is in Unix
format or not.

2. While I do not know of any documentation saying "files must be in
Unix format", I believe this to be implied.

Therefore, I suggest filing the bug report.

As for the original problem, why is the file in MS-DOS format, well...
we still haven't worked that out yet.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>