Re: Who should package&host a product?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:00:07PM -0700, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
[snip]
| On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:12:51 +0000 (GMT),
| Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:
| >> Should one of our developers apply to become a NM?
| >
| > This would work as well, and there is a fairly short line to wait in right
| > now ;-)
|
| Hmmm. From what I've seen on these mailing lists, that's not the case. ;-)
| Or am I mistaken?

A short line and a short wait period are not the same thing.  ;-)  The
line might have only 1 person in it, but the wait until complete
approval may take 3 years.

(Disclaimer1: these numbers are purely fictional)
(Disclaimer2: I don't know how the reality of the situation since the
people complaining can exaggerate and/or distort one's perception)

-D