Re: PRE Version numbers

On 20010114T164036-0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Then katie has broken pre-versions such that even our crappy hack used for
> 3 years because nobody wants to actually attack the problem in dpkg will
> not work.

It has not broken them.  It has fixed a brokenness.  Your crappy hack
exploited a bug in the old dinstall.

(Come on!  I thought it was always obvious that one just doesn't release
different files with the same name and version.)

                     Keep the Deja Archive Alive!
        http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html