Re: PRE Version numbers

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 12:04:44AM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > Then katie has broken pre-versions such that even our crappy hack used for
> > 3 years because nobody wants to actually attack the problem in dpkg will
> > not work.
> It has not broken them.  It has fixed a brokenness.  Your crappy hack
> exploited a bug in the old dinstall.
> (Come on!  I thought it was always obvious that one just doesn't release
> different files with the same name and version.)

I didn't say it wasn't wrong - I said it was a crappy hack.  However, I am
also saying that it is currently the only workable solution available.
Er, was.  It's not available anymore.

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<WildTHing> ok guys .. so whens the next commit :PP
<taniwha> when they come to get me