Re: PRE Version numbers

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 11:31:31PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > Nope, katie(the new dinstall) doesn't currently support -sa.
>
> Yes it does (-sa is default with -0 and -1 uploads).  What it does not
> support, and AFAIK never will, is replacing a file already in the pool
> with a different file with the same name.

Then katie has broken pre-versions such that even our crappy hack used for
3 years because nobody wants to actually attack the problem in dpkg will
not work.  A real solution is now not a luxury but a necessity.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Overfiend> against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain