Re: senior developer? [was: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT]

On Saturday 13 January 2001 17:07, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Mariusz Przygodzki <dune@home.pl> writes:
> > What does it mean "actually cares about Debian"? They didn't care before?
>
> There is two kind of developers. Those who just uploads packages (the
> group I mostly belongs to) and those who do a lot of work on the
> infrastructure, the installer, policy and so on.

What about developers who additionaly fixing bugs, adopting packages,and not
only uploads packages (for uploads it's needed only Debian account, nothing
more)? You are still avoiding clarification.

> > As I understood, only "really put some work into Debian" is important for
> > Debian project actually, not maintaining packages, not fixing bugs, not
> > adopting packages etc. Is it true?
>
> What did you miss in "Which is also good"?

"Also good" means exactly less than "really" in your above sentences. Is this
some kind of colour bar?

> > You wrote on behalf of "we all". What exactly does it mean?
>
> Where had I said that? Never assume that people writes on behalfs of
> others.

Just in your previous mail:

On Saturday 13 January 2001 16:31, Peter Makholm wrote:
> There is no formal definition but we all know which developers that
> really put some work into Debian other than just making the package
> count explode (which is also good).

I never assume somebody can write on behalf of others so I asked you why you
did it.

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.