Re: senior developer? [was: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT]

On Saturday 13 January 2001 16:31, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Mariusz Przygodzki <dune@home.pl> writes:
> > What does the term "senior developers" mean?
> > What's difference between "developer" and "senior developer" in case of
> > Debian project?
>
> Senior developers are the long timers who mantains more packages and
> do more than just uploads packages but actually cares about Debian.

What does it mean "actually cares about Debian"? They didn't care before?
And it means the rest (non-senior-developers) doesn't care to much or doesn't
care in general?

> There is no formal definition but we all know which developers that
> really put some work into Debian other than just making the package
> count explode (which is also good).

As I understood, only "really put some work into Debian" is important for
Debian project actually, not maintaining packages, not fixing bugs, not
adopting packages etc. Is it true?

You wrote on behalf of "we all". What exactly does it mean?

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.