Re: RFC: new task-science package

    > Again, this seems like a lot of detail to inflict on a
    > first time user (who is supposedly who the task- packages
    > are aimed at).

That may be true of the development and administrative tasks,
but I think task-science falls into a different category.
Without splitting the task up, it is just to huge for a single
package.  Image task programming - it would depend on half the
existing packages.  Suppose a new user had to install
task-applications in order to get that is now in task-games.
That wouldn't make Debian easier for new or old users.

As I think about it more, it seems that the real value of a task
package is that it is specific, not general.  That leads me to
the conclusion that more tasks is better.

Mike

--
Michael A. Miller                      mmiller3@iupui.edu
  Krannert Institute of Cardiology, IU School of Medicine