Re: kernel depends?

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:07:03AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> It should be done using depends -- it is a dependency after all.
> It's just that the tools (ie dpkg, and the package format) can't handle
> it at present.
>
> So for now, we've done nothing about it. I like the idea of fixing it,
> even if it is a kludge.
What is wrong with the proposition to make it depend on the virtual
kernel-assembler and let gas provide that on all other architectures,
but bin86 on i386?

This is still a bit like a workaround but sounds clean.

Nils

--
*New* *New* *New*    - on shellac records
   Windows HE        - see top 10 reasons to downgrade on