Re: kernel depends?

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:23:29AM +0100, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> 	bin86 is used only in x86 plataform, or not?
> 	It cant depends on kernel-source that is multi plataform.

yes, that's true.

the potential solution here are:

1) kernel-source-x.x.x-i386/alpha/whatever (bloaty)
2) make apt-get/dpkg support multiple platform .debs. this might be somewhat
tricky to implement, but it'd be the ideal solution. then again, there are
really only a few packages that *need* this, so it may not be strictly
necessary.

the main issue would probably go away if the kernel source debs would check
if it was i386, then tell the user to install bin86 etc, if it's alpha,
install whatever's needed on alpha.

or, alternatively, we could just say "if you can't figure this out on your
own, you suck, and should not use debian anyway." :)
--
-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.