Replacing mp3info

I was wondering if replacing a package with another one, containing a
different, yet providing the same functionality, program having the same
name is a good idea.

I'm maintaining mp3info -- the program seems not to be maintained upstream
anymore and has tons of bugs opened against it. On the other hand there is
a different program with the same name and fairly compatible interface
that doesn't have all those nasty bugs in it.

The question is: should I remove the old mp3info from the distribution and
put the new one insyead (pretending it's just a new version), or not?

We were doing things like this with ssh and some other packages.

     Pawel

--
 (___)  | Pawel Wiecek ------------------- <coven@vmh.net> <+48603240006> |
< o o > | WWW: http://www.coven.vmh.net/   [ Debian GNU/Linux developer ] |