kernel depends?

one thing that's been bothering me a bit lately (well, mostly while i was a
linux newbie, but still), has been the fact that when i apt-get install the
kernels, it depends on bzip2 only... not any of the tools it needs to be
*built*. should i file a wishlist bug against the kernel packages, asking
them to be dependent on bin86, libncurses4-dev etc?

this *is* a highly frustrating issue for a newbie (especially since the
kernel-HOWTO doesn't mention what packages you need to build it ... i think
i spent a few hours before someone told me "um... you need bin86 installed
to compile the asm part of the kernel".

-m

When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to piss
you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but only 4
muscles to work the trigger of a good sniper rifle.