Re: kernel depends?

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:56:50PM +0100, Jan Martin Mathiassen wrote:
> the main issue would probably go away if the kernel source debs would check
> if it was i386, then tell the user to install bin86 etc,

It should be done using depends -- it is a dependency after all.
It's just that the tools (ie dpkg, and the package format) can't handle
it at present.

So for now, we've done nothing about it. I like the idea of fixing it,
even if it is a kludge. A fake bin86 on the other architectures might
not be the right idea though, because there's no reason why as86/ld86
etc couldn't run on non-x86 (AFAIK).

Hamish