Re: ITP: gcc, binutils, libc, gdb for Amtel AVR microcontrollers

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 05:44:29PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

> > binutils is part of the actual upstream source version 2.10 gcc is
> > distributed as a patch to version 2.95.2 and gdb as a patch to 4.18, the
> > rest is not related to actual gnu sources.
> >

> Excellent. Then most likely all you need to do is get the target added to
> the binutils-multiarch package, and dep on that for the other tools.

Maybe, I need the gnu asembler from the binutils package as well and the
binutils-mulitarch pkg claims not to contain it, but I'll wait and see what
the binutil maintainer has to say...

> > I'll contact the binutils maintainer to see if we can coordinate the
> > package, as for the others it seems hard to build from the same code tree as
> > it has to be patched...
>
> I'd email the respective maintainers. They may have some ideas about
> that.

OK, I'll do that but it seems like the avr to is about to get incoperated
with the gnu distributions in future releases, at least of gcc. One solution
might be to do separate pkgs for now instead of doing some advanced
combination of oure own wait till the combination has been done upstream.

> I assume the libc is not part of glibc at all, so that most likely needs
> to be its own package.

Correct, it's a separate implementaton of the most basic libc functions.

--
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>, http://master.debian.org/~hakan