Re: ITP: gcc, binutils, libc, gdb for Amtel AVR microcontrollers

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 05:07:29PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 11:04:15PM +0200, Hakan Ardo wrote:
> > Hi,
> > the entire gnu develoopnet environment is ported to the avr arcitecture and
> > runs nicely under debian. Currently all that excists as debian packages are
> > a few asmeblers and programmers. I intend to create the following debain
> > packages:
> >
> >   avr-binutils
> >   avr-gcc
> >   avr-libc
> >   avr-monitor (code monitor used by gdb)
> >   avr-gdb
> >   avr-devenviron (contains dependencies on all the packagses you need to get
> >                   a full featured development evironment for the avr as well
> >                   as some simple examples and a readme to get started)
>
> Is this based off the actual upstream source, or is it a fork? If the
> former, then I suggest coordinating with the relevant maintainers rather
> than duplicating source. What versions of these tools are being used?

binutils is part of the actual upstream source version 2.10 gcc is
distributed as a patch to version 2.95.2 and gdb as a patch to 4.18, the
rest is not related to actual gnu sources.

I'll contact the binutils maintainer to see if we can coordinate the
package, as for the others it seems hard to build from the same code tree as
it has to be patched...

--
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>, http://master.debian.org/~hakan