Re: Updating build-essential package list

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I'm not convinced at all that something like debhelper should in part of
> dpkg. dpkg basically contains low-level tools, other packages such as
> debhelper and apt handle the high-level support.

I agree. Consider for example, that debhelper has to keep current with
changes to debian policy. On the other hand, dpkg and dpkg-dev are the
bedrock policy rests on, and policy changes very, very rarely require
them to be changed. This is a useful separation.

--
see shy jo