Re: Updating build-essential package list

Previously Christoph Lameter wrote:
> It would be good if most of the stuff in those kinds of tools would be
> properly integrated into dpkg. The suidmanager -> dpkg move is one step in
> the right direction. I wish we had an easy to use standard .deb build
> environment that does not require all these addons.

I'm not convinced at all that something like debhelper should in part of
dpkg. dpkg basically contains low-level tools, other packages such as
debhelper and apt handle the high-level support.

Furthermore I'm not a huge fan of debhelper (or any other similar
tool) myself so I have no motiviation at all to do this.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |