Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

> The question is that there is more than one way to follow a standard when
> alleviating a problem. And this is the case when a common BTS becomes a very
> good thing (TM).

I wonder how the Debian based dists (Corel, Storm, etc.) handle this.  If there is enough interest among the comercial Debian based dists, then it is possible that a distributed BTS could be developed to track bugs in debs from many different sources.  With a strict bug reporting format, such a tool could could determine if a bug is dist specific or common to all participating dists.  The long term implications of the GR are unknown, but not necessarily negative.  Requiring greater cooperation between organisations would benefit free software, and cooperative development, by creating a necessity for more powerful tools, and greater inter-organisational coordination.  The tools we have for maintainers are a great start in that direction.  The GR looks to me like a push in the right direction.  (Even if Debian loses some "Market Share" in the meantime)

--
ptw
miscelaneous endeavors