Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 10:09:11PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> I agree that it is a political and moral issue. However, the technical
> aspects came up several times, and are frequently used as a contra-GR
> argument.

They are also being used as a pro-GR argument. Those who want the GR
passed should justify themselves, not the other way around. There is
no evidence that non-free is consuming resources and limiting the free
sections.

Indeed, developers are free to work on anything that interests
them (and cannot be dictated to), and Jason has said we have plenty of
spare resources presently to hold non-free. So the technical arguments
of the pro-GR group are flawed.

Thanks,
Hamish