Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> I have not heard a reason yet why it is technically better to offer
> non-free software on Debian servers.

	My concern would just be keeping everything in concert and up to date
with everything else.  Though I don't know how much of an issue it would
actually be.  If I had a larger connection I'd actually be willing to host the
non-free stuff that folks seem interested in dumping.  I do hope someone will
do this, however.  It may not be an 'offical' part of Debian (was it ever?),
but it certainly is very useful to many of us I believe.
	It's only 1.5g, perhaps the mirrors could even be approached to see
if they would be willing to host it.  Personally I really dislike this idea,
but I find it better than having to search the net for those packages I need.
	Before anyone calls mutiny perhaps they may want to realize the goal
is perhaps to avoid destruction of a very useful tool by those who would be
'pure'.

		Stephen