On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:28:10PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Why is mozilla not up to the task?  Do you believe it would not be in

That's simple. It dumps core way too often. BTW which java engine does
mozilla use?

> 2 years?  What about kaffe?  gcj?  classpath project?  etc?

I do not know enough java to comment on these tools. But the 'in 2 years'
question makes me laugh. I hope it will be good enough in two years, but why
on earth shall I remove the non-free replacement now? Maybe your resolution
should have come two years later.

> LyX isn't in non-free, and furthermore, there are other GUI bindings

But it won't work without the non-free xforms package.

> for it now.

Which? Who will do the porting? Shall I announce on lyx-devel that you, john
Goerzen, volunteered to port lyx to whatever toolkit you were talking about?
As they say 'Show me the code!'

Michael
--
Michael Meskes