Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> writes:

> I also wonder which web browser I should use to be able to fully access the
> web. Yes, netscape does segfault from time to time, but at least it is able
> to run enough ssl, java and javascript so I can do online-banking. Mozilla
> definetely is not up to that task. But then I doubt there will be a free
> alternative unless there's a free jdk alternative. :-)

Why is mozilla not up to the task?  Do you believe it would not be in
2 years?  What about kaffe?  gcj?  classpath project?  etc?

> Another example? How about lyx? There is no other graphical front-end for
> latex. It is free, but depends on xforms that is not free at the moment.

LyX isn't in non-free, and furthermore, there are other GUI bindings
for it now.

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>                       www.complete.org
Sr. Software Developer, Progeny Linux Systems, Inc.    www.progenylinux.com