Re: profile.d [was Re: UMASK 002 or 022?]

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 07:43:30PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 02:40:08PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > > It's a similar request, but while it says it's fixed in bash version
> > > foo, bash currently has the same as the bug, but /etc/profile
> > > changed!
> >
> > Maybe this would be a good time to revive the annual discussion
> > on a unified way to have all shells initialize the same way.
>
> lets not, we don't need another flamewar about horrible redhat
> concoctions.  there is already a nuclear war going on anyway.

couldn't it be made the same way modutils works now?
with the exeption that it would leave modifications..

---example---
### Color-Ls ###
alias ls='ls --color=auto -F'
### Custom ###
CVSROOT=/my/own/cvsroot
export CVSROOT
---example---

although this brought up problems while i was writing this..
as other shells don't support aliases, it would have to be marked in
the config with something like..

alias('ls', 'ls --color=auto -F')

that might be a good solution.. it would then convert it to the
appropriate alias line, or leave it out..

Comments anyone...

Regards, Sami Haahtinen