On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 02:11:13AM -0300, Michael Kelly wrote:
> The only exception that I can figure out for this would perhaps be the JDK
> and related packages. Is there perhaps some free alternative to this?

I would be surprised if there was.

I also wonder which web browser I should use to be able to fully access the
web. Yes, netscape does segfault from time to time, but at least it is able
to run enough ssl, java and javascript so I can do online-banking. Mozilla
definetely is not up to that task. But then I doubt there will be a free
alternative unless there's a free jdk alternative. :-)

Another example? How about lyx? There is no other graphical front-end for
latex. It is free, but depends on xforms that is not free at the moment.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De