On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:27:50PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I also wonder which web browser I should use to be able to fully
> > access the web. Yes, netscape does segfault from time to time, but
> > at least it is able to run enough ssl, java and javascript so I can
> > do online-banking. Mozilla definetely is not up to that task. But
> > then I doubt there will be a free alternative unless there's a free
> > jdk alternative. :-)
>
> Why is mozilla not up to the task?

mozilla, while it is getting better (huge improvements in the last few
months) is still not usable. it's *almost* usable, but way too annoying
and buggy and unfinished to use on a daily basis.

give it another 6 months, a year at most, and it will be a complete and
superior replacement to netscape.  it shows a lot of promise.

in the meantime, if you want a decent graphical web browser for linux
that mostly works and renders most pages reasonably well, then netscape
is the only thing available.

craig

--
craig sanders