Before replying: As I said before, this behavior of preserving all of
non-free for the sake of one's own personal favorite non-free packages
is not logical.  We are about Free Software.  Let's put our principles
ahead here.  And also realize that we're not destroying non-free
software at its root; we're just removing it from our FTP site.

-- John

Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org> writes:

>     Michael> The only exception that I can figure out for this would
>     Michael> perhaps be the JDK and related packages. Is there perhaps
>     Michael> some free alternative to this?
>
> There is no effective replacement for either the jdk or netscape at
> this time.

Mozilla.