Re: KDE questions

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 10:25:03AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> OpenBSD project:
> "All proprietary code in the original distribution was replaced, along
> with some libraries burdened with the restrictive GNU Public License
> (GPL). Much of of the actual cryptographic code was replaced by calls
> to the crypto libraries built into OpenBSD. The source code is now
> completely freely re-useable, and vendors are encouraged to re-use it
> if they need ssh functionality."

They're just zealots... just like us, but a slightly different set of

FYI, the GPL'd code that was removed was the DES code.  That had to be
removed anyway to integrate with OpenBSD's crypto API.  I think it's funny
that it's mentioned as a separate thing, but it was really removed for
functionality, not because of anything else.

"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human
malice would never have taken so devious a course!" - RFC 1122 section 1.2.2