Re: KDE questions

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 10:25:03AM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> OpenBSD project:
>
> "All proprietary code in the original distribution was replaced, along
> with some libraries burdened with the restrictive GNU Public License
> (GPL). Much of of the actual cryptographic code was replaced by calls
> to the crypto libraries built into OpenBSD. The source code is now
> completely freely re-useable, and vendors are encouraged to re-use it
> if they need ssh functionality."

They're just zealots... just like us, but a slightly different set of
ideals.

FYI, the GPL'd code that was removed was the DES code.  That had to be
removed anyway to integrate with OpenBSD's crypto API.  I think it's funny
that it's mentioned as a separate thing, but it was really removed for
functionality, not because of anything else.

-Dan

--
"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human