Re: KDE questions

   Hi!

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 07:47:08AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> What's the current status with KDE?

The last thing that I heard when I brought up this issue here was (from
Wichert Ackermann): KDE2.0? Unless you upload .debs with KDE2.0, we can
not "officially" decide whether it goes into debian or not. I expect such
.debs to be uploaded soon.

> Did we resolv the copyright problems?

What has been suggested by debian to relicense every line of KDE code to a
special purpose GPL with an extra addition. Although this is advocated
to be a solution of the problem, it is only theoretical: It is completely
impossible to convince each and every author/contributor that once in his
life wrote a line of KDE code to change his license. So in that respect, no.

> Also is there a mailing list about KDE on Debian?

You may try: kde-licensing@kde.org

   Cu... Stefan