Re: RBL report..

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 11:33:41PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > often than not knows better.  (Let pacbell.net's shoody NT mail server
> > route MY mail?  NOT LIKELY!)
>
> Have you ever had mail actually disappear through their server, or do
> you just distrust it because it's running on NT? Seriously?
> Hell, Joseph, have you ever stopped to read one of your own posts to
> see what you really sound like?
>
> > So there's at least a margin of error.  And don't you EVEN TRY to tell me
> > that if I don't like my ISP that I should get another.  There are an awful
> > lot of people out there who simply CAN'T DO THAT.  Expecting them to is
> > even more of an example of just how wrong the DUL is from its beginning.
>
> What is the exact reason why you cannot get another ISP Joseph?
> Have you been blacklisted by all the others in your area already?

In a lot of areas, if you want DSL or cablemodem you're stuck with only
one (usually pretty clueless) ISP to choose.  And fyi before I started
using uucp over tcp, I used to lose mail going through bellsouth's
server.  I'd mail home a series of tarballs and get only some of the
parts.

Now that I switched to Time-Warner and a cablemodem, I still have to
route my outgoing mail via uucp to my machine at work because the
dynamic ips I get on my cablemodem are spamblocked by the servers at my
brother's university.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.