Re: RBL report..

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 06:56:47PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > often than not knows better.  (Let pacbell.net's shoody NT mail server
> > route MY mail?  NOT LIKELY!)
>
> Have you ever had mail actually disappear through their server, or do
> you just distrust it because it's running on NT? Seriously?

I've read their status page.  I check it about twice a day.  Very long
periods of "you cannot send mail" and "sorry for anything that was lost"..
Would YOU trust such a server if those sorts of issues were common?

I won't.

> > So there's at least a margin of error.  And don't you EVEN TRY to tell me
> > that if I don't like my ISP that I should get another.  There are an awful
> > lot of people out there who simply CAN'T DO THAT.  Expecting them to is
> > even more of an example of just how wrong the DUL is from its beginning.
>
> What is the exact reason why you cannot get another ISP Joseph?
> Have you been blacklisted by all the others in your area already?

First: YOUR SPAM IS NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM.

Second: Broadband providers are not a commodity.  And they're usually not
cheap.

Third: The difference in cost between my DSL service and any other
broadband service (even with lest bandwidth!) is almost exponentially more
expensive.  You've not offered to pay the difference.  (Nor do I suspect
that you could afford it..)

<Overfiend> Thunder-: when you get { MessagesLikeThisFromYourHardDrive }
<Overfiend> Thunder-: it either means { TheDriverIsScrewy }
<Overfiend> or
<Overfiend> { YourDriveIsFlakingOut BackUpYourDataBeforeIt'sTooLate
            PrayToGod }