Re: Is someone working on Jazz++ ?

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:56:15AM -0300, Eduardo Marcel Macan wrote:
> > 	Hello, I noticed Jazz++ (www.jazzware.com) is now released under
> > the GPL, is there anyone working on it? Unfortunately I don't have the time
> > to do it, but I'd like to see it packaged. It is the best linux midi
> > sequencer nowadays.
>
> I tried, but it would not build and failed in several places.

Ditto.

> It is written mostly in C++, and I don't know C++.  Not to mention the fact
> that I do have one or two other packages on my plate.

It is also reliant on wxWindows 1.68.  Granted, one might not always use
the *most* up-to-date version of things, but 1.68 is prehistoric now, and
people are generally advised to upgrade.

I'll take a look to see if I can get it working with current wxWindows
(the ones that Ron's been packaging up lately) but I'm not entirely
hopeful.  Someone with version 1.68 might have more luck if they want
to try ...

Diana.
--
+      Diana Galletly <dag1000@eng.cam.ac.uk>      +