Re: wterm in potato

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 02:53:30PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Note that this is using a different criterion for rejecting a package
> than just the traditional `it has a security hole, don't install it', or
> `it'll delete your files, don't install it'. This is more `no, there're
> much better programs, trust us. use one of them instead.', which we don't
> generally do in Debian. Yet, at least.

Hmm.  One rule of thumb we have been using is that if someone is interested
in maintaining the package, we will include it in Debian.

The corollary of that is that we should remove unmaintained packages.
(We've been applying this as a rule of thumb as well, but not as
consistently.)

Note that I'm talking about dropping packages entirely, which is not quite
the same issue as that of not releasing a package as stable.

--
Richard Braakman