Re: wterm in potato

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 02:30:40PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> There are probably others, too. `package is not 8-bit clean' sounds a lot
> like a policy violation, although it's obviously not in Debian's policy
> doc. Should it be?

Yes, it should.  8-bit-cleanness was a release goal for hamm.  It would
be pretty sad to regress on that now.

There are even more of that kind that are hardly worth mentioning by
now.  "Binaries should be in ELF format", for example.  We took out
the last a.out package (term) with the hamm release, IIRC.

--
Richard Braakman