Re: wterm in potato

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 10:59:03PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 19-Feb-00, 20:46 (CST), Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> > Well, if the bug prevents anyone speaking Russian (how many thousands of our
> > users is that?) from using wterm, then I think it fits the description of
> > "any other bug which makes the package unsuitable for release."
>
> Hmmm. Interesting criterion. Dpkg doesn't support Chinese. Yep,
> unsuitable for release. (And before anybody flames, no, I'm not claiming
> multi-language support is unimportant.)

I don't think a package can be unsuitable for release just because it
fails with one character set/locale. Either the bug remains, or the package
is removed. If it worked for all other charsets/locales, then all the
other users have to do without it if the package is removed.
Quite unnecessarily!

hamish