Re: wterm in potato

On 19-Feb-00, 13:33 (CST), Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 12:57:27PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > nor does the fact that wterm is not 8-bit clean qualify as an "important"
> > bug:
>
> Geez, and I thought not being 8-bit clean was something we would never
> encounter again, not to mention have to prove again that it matters...
> silly me >:(

Did I say it didn't matter? No, I didn't. Did I say the bug should be
closed or ignored? No, I didn't. I simply said that it doesn't fit the
definition of "important" (in the BTS severity-level sense).

> > presumably many others do find it usable.
>
> If everyone thought that way, we would have some 250 release-critical bugs
> less today :>

And if everybody rated their "favorite" bug as important or grave,
we'd have 500 or a 1000 more. What's your point? I was talking about a
specific case.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read