Re: Packages removed from frozen

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 09:56:07PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > What do you mean "dispensation"? You're trying to add a special rule
> > that programs can't build-depends themselves, which isn't found or implied
> > anywhere in the DFSG or Social Contract. In fact, it contradicts the Social
> > Contract, which says we will support our users.
>
> This is a technical issue, and has nothing to do with the Social Contract.

Removing ~40 packages from the archives, several of which have no good
alternatives, is not supporting the users who need CVSup, PM3, GNAT, SML,
Free Pascal, CMUCL, or any of the other removed packages. It is a social
contract issue when a minor technical issue takes precedence over supporting
users.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with