Re: Packages removed from frozen

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Package: rscheme (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
> [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
>   53734 rscheme: build fails if there is no info about the packages

Is this really a release-critical bug?  It's just the nature of the
rscheme package.  You can't build rscheme unless rscheme is
installed.  That will probably be fixed in the future, but at most,
I'd think it's wishlist.  Further, the message that you get from
debian/rules when you try to build without rscheme installed should
explain why things failed.

Granted a Build-Depends would be better, and I'll add that, but I
don't see why this is release critical, or why it warrants removal.
I'm downgrading this to wishlist, and I think that rscheme should be
restored to frozen.

> Package: rscheme-modules (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
>   55271 rscheme-modules: can't build from source

This is a similar problem.  You can't build rscheme-modules unless
rscheme is installed.  Unless it's policy that we have proper
Build-Depends on all packages then this isn't a release-critical bug,
and rscheme-modules should go back into frozen.

I'll also upload a new version with the Build-Depends soon.

Thanks