Re: [bug] Restarting Daemons on package install/upgrade.

On 99-12-23 Alexey Vyskubov wrote:
> > > Please, if you maintain a daemon package, fix it, for potato, so that it
> > > only restarts if there's a link to the init.d script from the runlevel
> > > directory of the current runlevel.
> >
> > How do you suggest that this be done?

> [ -x /etc/rc`/sbin/runlevel | sed -e 's/^.* //'`.d/S[0-9][0-9]sendmail ] &&
> echo "Sendmail should be runned on current runlevel"

> Or something like this.

Well this works for people that use the "old" init-style with links in
/etc/rc* and won't work for people like me that use file-rc. Please
provide first a solution for both cases. Then we can send out bugreports
and fix those packages.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *