Re: Quake is GPL

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 10:22:39AM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> Please think about this again, after you read the emails from Eduardo
> and Nils. I currently set up a new mirror for Debian in Germany, but if
> we will have quake in the debian-archive, I will have to first the
> current laws here in germany and then maybe close the FTP-Server just
> because it may be illegal to distribute quake and the FTP-Server is
> located at the firm, where I work. So plese don't upload software in the
> debian-archives, that is/could be illegal in some countries.

Linux itself is illegal in "some countries" and quake is ALREADY in the
archive.  In fact, quake was in the archive before it was my package,
before I was even a developer for that matter.  I'm guessing this is
another reason why the package pool Guy wants to implement is a necessity.

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3