Re: FREEZE RESCHEDULED

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Rodney Caston wrote:

> I feel the delay in the freeze a bad move on our part., I am to assume now
> that the 'on the shelf boxed' version of Debian oreilly plans to release
> is now going to be forced to include Debian 2.1 Slink. This is just not
> going to be able to compete with the newer redhat 6.x releases., It
> certainly isnt a good way  to start converting users to Debian, by trying
> to sell them a dist with packages that are all a year old.

Incidentally, I don't find converting users as a goal in our social
contract.

Our goal is to be an excellent free software operating system.  User
conversions aren't really part of it.  Which is not to say that that isn't
a personal goal of many of us.  But it's not a *project* goal, as far as I
know.

Jules