Re: FREEZE RESCHEDULED

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> Rodney Caston wrote:
> > I am to assume now
> > that the 'on the shelf boxed' version of Debian oreilly plans to release
> > is now going to be forced to include Debian 2.1 Slink.
>
> No, the boxed set contains my stable update "slink and a half", which is
> slink with 2.2.12, security and y2k fixes.

Well, since everyone is clamoring for some sort of up-to-date release (and
one of the reasons I'd like to see a freeze sooner than later, presonally
is that slink is getting pretty old),... why shouldn't this be released
for download? Maybe I'm a complete moron but the newest kernel I'm seeing
available in slink is 2.2.5... on another note, when is the boxed version
supposed to ship? I fully intend to purchase it on general
principle... plus it's a less painful way to update over a modem :).

--
-- Mike Markley <mike@markley.org> PGP: 3B047084  (finger/keyserver)
-- Owner, The Pink Floyd Fandom: http://www.pinkfloyd.net