Re: Is anyone else getting mail after it goes through a PMDF machine? (was: Odd mail package involved?)

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:03:02 -0500, Daniel Martin <Daniel.Martin@jhu.edu> wrote:
>Daniel Martin <Daniel.Martin@jhu.edu> writes:
>Mails exchanged with someone else lead me to believe that somehow
>furryterror.org is inserting extra carriage return characters (so that
>it's ending lines sent via SMTP with CR/CR/LF), and somehow PMDF
>interprets this as two line-ends.  (Which, given that CR/CR/LF is
>INVALID input, may well be a legitimate action to take).  Any idea
>what software at furryterror.org is doing this?  I don't suspect it's
>the main furryterror software (exim running on a debian box), because
>a bounce message from furryterror.org doesn't contain this odd
>line-end problem.

Just to be paranoid, I'm now explicitly stripping any \r characters found
on line endings in outgoing messages through the mng mailing list <-> news
gateway software.  They might be coming from the 'sn' NNTP daemon.

I'm sending this via debian-devel and to Daniel directly.
If this message as filtered through debian-devel still exhibits the
problem, then I have some serious debugging to do.  Somewhere.

Hopefully the trailing dot at the end of every article is gone too.
Just to be sure, here's some tests: