Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 08:15:01PM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:

>     RG> Well, the difference between emacs19 and emacs20 is about 10 MB
>     RG> diskspace I am running a space constrained system, and users do
>     RG> want emacs, and are happy with emacs19. What would you do?  I
>     RG> keep emacs19 installed.  (and do not tell me that diskspace is
>     RG> cheap.... unless you are willing to donate me a disk :-))
>
> Disk space isn't so cheap, but it applies to mirrors too.  I think this
> is a similar problem as with data packages -- let's have obsolete
> software in Debian as long as someone maintains it, but in some extra
> section separated from the main archive.

I don't think the size of obsolete software in debian deserves extra section
(the emacs are a few 10s of MBs at most... and the rest is neglidgible)
Not that is is a bad idea - the need is just not big enough.

>     RG> emacs is a lot like M$ word...more and more bloat with each new
>     RG> version
>
> I hate people who make statements about things they don't understand.

I hate people who are not able to notice irony :-)

Do such personal remarks belong to debian-devel?

| __..--^^^--..__         garabik @ fmph.uniba.sk           |